Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Serving the Homeless...Cats, All According to Your Faith and Willingness, Six Months, and Surprise...Going Back to Layton!!

Hey guys!

We had a good week this week. I helped a member family make a nice warm house for a homeless cat named Mr. Pickles, which was pretty cool. Pickles liked it, so we were pretty happy. We gave talks on Sunday with Brother Christian about faith, the atonement, and missionary work, and that went really well. We met a couple new people that we're going to start teaching this week that show a lot of desire to learn more. Tonight we'll be teaching a less-active member the 15-step stop smoking program (dad will probably know about that from his mission), which i'm excited about. It was developed by some elders back in the early 80s, and it's scientifically and spiritually designed to completely break a smoking habit in seven days, according to the participants faith and willingness to follow all 15 steps for seven days. It's really cool. So coming up this week, I have teaching that to look forward to. In addition, I hit six months on Wednesday. 

oh, and we received transfer info this morning, and SURPRISE! I'm going back to Layton! totally came as a surprise, but yeah, I'm getting transferred tomorrow and heading back up to Layton, just in a different area up there. I guess I'm excited about it. I liked Tooele a lot. It's beautiful out here, I like a lot of the people out here, there's a lot of good work out here... Anyway, it'll be good to get back up to Layton. I like it up there, as well. We'll see how it goes. 
So yeah, that's my week. hit me up if there's any questions. I know this work is amazing, and the atonement is real, and the church is true. love you all. 

Elder Jake Lusk


No comments:

Post a Comment