Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Mission mind-shift, One of 80,000, I Dig It and Keeping Up With the Maryland Batlimore Mission, too!

Hey guys!


     Things are going well here. We had zone conference yesterday, which was great. We got a lot of good training about important stuff, like keeping afternoon time effective, and using key indicator (our reporting numbers) goals to help investigators progress. President Hansen has been working on a mission "mind-shift". The focus now is on "being on-plan", and working on getting people to the "next step". It's about spirit of the law vs. letter of the law for both of those. if all missionaries understood their purpose, the white handbook would be significantly shorter, and the USLCM mission standards would hardly exist. In the same way, the focus is no longer on just getting baptisms and reaching key indicator goals to get good weekly numbers. It's about helping people achieve their next step towards eternal salvation. That means helping investigators get baptized, and working with them to get them fully engaged in church, ordained to the priesthood if applicable, and to eventually get to the temple. For people who have already been baptized and have fallen away or may be struggling, it's to help them achieve those next steps. Because of that, the work is slowly but surely evolving, and it's pretty cool to be a part of that. I love knowing that I'm a part of 80,000+ people who are helping those in need all around the world. This work is truly amazing, and I know God's behind it. 

    That's all I got for this week, aside from I figured you'd dig the fact that over the past six months I've kept in touch with Elder Gooddell, Elder Martin, and Elder White. I've also been emailing Elder Moore, so I keeping up with the work ini the Maryland Baltimore mission as well. Sounds like things are going great back East. Tell everyone I love them to death.
Love, Elder Jake Lusk


No comments:

Post a Comment