Friday, November 15, 2013

The Elder Bednar, Not Enough Room to Receive all the Blessings and It Drives My Work

Hope everything is going well back home. Things up here in Layton are going great. I'm still stoked to be here. I'm also stoked because on Friday we're having a mission meeting where I'll not only be able to see the elders I served with in Glendale, but we'll also receive trained from the man, the legend, the Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. That's pretty exciting.
 
Our investigators are great! We got a guy to come to church for the second time this week, and he stayed the full three hours. We've got plenty of support and fellowship for him, so things are looking good. This week we're going to be praying on a date for him to get baptized. We're pretty excited about what the next couple weeks will be like for him. Most of our other work is with part member families, so helping them do what they need to do to get all of them baptized and then sealed in the temple. In terms of both dinners and miracles it's been an awesome week. We get dinners provided every night except Monday night up here in Layton. On Friday, one of our newly reactivated member we're working with swung by our apartment with a giant trunk full of food. We have enough a shelf and a half dedicated to oatmeal, and an entire shelf dedicated to hot chocolate now. We've got enough ramen to feed a small army (ramen is super good if you don't use the seasoning packets and put it Cajun seasoning instead!), and everything we need for our own thanksgiving dinner except the turkey. We've got so many canned foods that it looks like the shelf is about to break. You know that scripture that we'll get blessings and won't have room to receive them? It wasn't until; I've been on my mission that I realized it was literal. The people out here are awesome. In terms of other miracle, we were giving someone a blessing, and even though I wasn't the voice, I got a specific prompting to bless her a certain thing, and a second after I got it, Elder () said it, so that's how much the spirit was there. It's really cool how the spirit works. 
 
I'll just close with my testimony that I know that this church is true and I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ can bless everyone's life. The power of the Atonement is real and it's becuase of it that I'm out here and it drives my current work and it's driven me to come out in the first place. 
Love,
Elder Lusk

No comments:

Post a Comment