Sunday, November 3, 2013

A new family from India and an upcoming transfer....oh, and peace out!

Hey!

This has been a pretty good week. Yesterday we started teaching a family from India that cooked us curried chicken and potatoes over rice. They have a strong christian background as well, so they're pretty open. The daughter is 22 and she's studying up at the U to become a civil engineer, so I'm wondering if dad might have some study/career advice to give for someone looking to go into that field. We also got our Sri Lanka family, back on date. They were supposed to be baptized a couple weeks ago, but when the ZL's interviewed them (Elder }{ DL...dad can explain more about how all that works), we found out they still {had questions}. We got a senior missionary couple involved and now they're completely getting baptized in a couple weeks. By the way, if you guys ever get the chance, you should serve a senior service mission. i can totally see you guys doing that. The senior missionary couples we have here are great. We also finally got to take {} to temple square. She's still not sure about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, but I think temple square helped and we also got a good elderly couple to fellowship her. 

 
On a different note, guess who's got two thumbs up  and is getting transferred tomorrow out of Glendale and off to Layton? As much as I like it here and I know the area super well, I'm excited to be getting out and seeing a fresh area. Layton is up in Davis County, which is where a lot of those Utah Mormon stereotypes come from. From what I've heard, it's super rich and everyone's white and active Mormons. I'm going to be in the Layton West stake, though, which is apparently the only not as rich part of the county. Either way, I'm pretty excited about it. 

 
Oh, and I did here from Elder Martin. Sounds like he's doing great. I know that the gospel is true and that this work is truly amazing. The Savior really loves us all and can work in miraculous ways to better people's lives. 



I think that's all I got for this week, so peace out, 

Elder Lusk

No comments:

Post a Comment