Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Baptism in Sri Lanka or Was it Glendale and A Reflection on Dogs or is it People.

so...things here are going great. I got to go to a baptism down in Glendale on Friday. The Sri Lankan family that me and Elder {} were teaching finally got baptized and I got to witness that. The spirit at the baptism was amazing and there were a ton of people there. The entire relief society room was full.
 
We've got some good people we're working with up here and I'm excited for the potentials. Aside from that it's been a pretty average week. 

I guess since it's been on my mind a little bit and I'm not sure what else to write about, I just want to talk more about something I briefly mentioned last time. Everyone in Utah has dogs, and so far, I've gotten to pet a dog just about every day since I've been out on my mission. I'm learning a lot about people and reading emotions, but I'm also learning about how to read dogs. Like, how to know when the big pit bull that's barking at you when you walk in it's front yard wants to eat you up or if he's just excited someone is coming to pet him. Dogs are a lot like people. I firmly believe all of them are born good, and it's when people abuse them and raise them to be guard dogs and prize fighters that they turn mean. Big dogs like german shepards and pit bulls are some of the sweetest dogs I've ever met if their owners respect them. The other thing I've noticed is that dogs can sense fear, and they know when you're afraid of them, especially when you show it. If you show the dog you respect them and aren't there to be mean to them, they'll be nice to you. They just want love. People are the same way. You just gotta respect them and make sure kids are raised in a good environment. 


So, there's my gospel analogy for the week. My last little thing on that is that I definitely want a dog when I'm older I want something big, but not huge, like a husky mix. And I want to get it when it's a puppy, so I can show people that big dogs can be super nice and loving. And, I'm going to make sure you get to spend time around it so I can help you overcome your fear of dogs :)
 
I bear my testimony that this church is true, that the Gospel is for everyone, and that the power of the atonement is real. This work is absolutely amazing. 

Love, 

Elder Lusk



No comments:

Post a Comment