Monday, November 25, 2013

A transfer to Florida, Christ-like Attributes, A Letter to My Brother and, by the way, Right Now I'm on a Mission

 This week is cool because I'm on exchanges with my DL (district leader)  right now, a solid guy named Elder James who gets is getting transferred to Florida next week (he's been out 103 weeks and refuses to believe he's going home next week. Instead he's just getting transferred back to Florida and released from full-time service). We're working on developing Christlike attributes (see chapter 6 in PMG) and It's a really great learning experience.


To Stefan
 
Dude, that's awesome that you went out with the missionaries! Keep it up! It's so much fun!  I'm focused on a mission right now, and committed to living the mission standards in the handbook. Anyways, what I'm learning since I've been out is that pop punk is amazing, and I don't think I'll ever lose my passion for it, but amazing as it is, the gospel is a thousand and three times better. Right now I'm on a mission, and as much as I'm sure the new ADTR record is good, and as long as I've waited for it, I can wait another 20 months. It's worth the wait, and it's not worth being disobedient. That's one of the things I'm learning not only on a mission, but in life in general. A mission is better than the best punk album out there, hands down, and I know it's better than playing D1 college ball, or seeing VT have a miracle season and win a national title. If you're gonna do something, do it right, and right now I'm a missionary. The gospel is amazing, and the atonement is real. This work is the best work you can possibly do, and I can't wait until you serve a mission, which is why I want you to keep going out with the Elders back home. Keep calm and carry on, my brotha. peace...Elder Jake Lusk

1 comment:

  1. I always think it is to amazing that these young Elders and Sisters go out, serve for two years of their lives, have minimal contact with family, give up their worldly pursuits in order to fully immerse themselves in the work and after two years, many will say they are not ready to go home, they want to stay out in the mission field, they want to keep serving and helping others come to Christ. These missionaries are true heroes in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete