Monday, April 28, 2014

That's Why I'm Finding, Teaching,Inviting, Baptizing, Reactivating, Rescuing and If You Think You're There, I Promise You're Not and Loving all 7 Billion of Them

Hey guys!

I don't have a ton of time to write this week, but we did have some cool stuff happen. We had stake conference this past weekend, which ended up being a regional conference broadcast for stakes in Davis & Morgan counties presided over by Elder Andersen of the Twelve and conducted by Elder Clayton of the Presidency of the Seventy. Elder Andersen spoke about deveolping the christlike attributes of dilligence, patience, and faith. It was a good talk, and I'm striving to apply it to the rest of my mission. We also got several solid referrals from the missionary-minded members in our wards, so we've got good things coming up this week.
I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and that this is His Church led by an inspired prophet. I know God loves us and that His Son died for us. I know the power of the Atonement is real and that it works, and that it's for everyone, regardless of who you are. Doesn't matter if you're black, white, gay, straight, liberal, conservative, mormon, catholic, baptist, buddhist, existentialist, addicted to heroin, or sober...Jesus loves you, despite what others may say. He desires all to come to Him because He loves them, and His gospel is for all of them. That's why I'm out finding, teaching, inviting, baptizing, reactivating, rescuing...it's becuase of His love and Atonement for everybody. My invitation to you is to come unto Him. We all can do it. Even if you think you're there, I promise you're not. I know I'm not yet. It's a lifelong process, so keep working at it. And if you love Jesus  you'll love His children (all 7 billion of them!)  as well, regardless of who they are.

love you guys!

Elder Jake Lusk

No comments:

Post a Comment