Monday, April 21, 2014

Staying in Layton, Getting the Nod from Mitt and speaking Spanish and eating real Latin American Food

So guess who's got two thumbs and is staying in Layton with Elder Ogden another transfer? Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited about that. I like it here in Layton and I like having Elder Ogden as a companion. I also really love the people that we're working with and I'm hoping I'll be here to see them get baptized.
We had general conference this weekend, which was pretty exciting. We were up in the balcony for the Saturday AM session, which was pretty sweet. For lunch, we went to a place called Crown Burger in downtown SLC (which has the best fry sauce I've ever had) and ended up getting lunch paid for by an area seventy who had been Elder Ogden's sister's mission president in Brazil. Saturday afternoon we watched the session in the Joseph Smith memorial building, and then when that was over, since we weren't hungry from lunch, we got in line at the conference center so we could get good seats for priesthood session. We ended up being right on the front row again. unlike last time, we were specifically told not to approach President Uchtdorf to shake his hand unless he approached us first (apparently security doesn't like that too much, which is understandable), so I didn't shake any First Presidency hands this time. The closest thing to that that happened this time was sitting there when some guy named Mitt Romney walked by us and nodded to us. Even if I don't necessarily agree with him, he's still a good guy, and it's still cool sitting near him at General Conference. And then Sunday we watched conference with the Olpins :)
I really liked conference this year. I felt like I got a lot out of it. Priesthood session was especially good, and if you missed it, watch it. It's definitely worth seeing.
Aside from conference we had a relatively normal week of teaching lessons and finding new investigators. We were on exchanges with the Spanish elders on Wednesday, so I missed the lesson with the{} family , but i got to do my best to speak Spanish all day and eat real Latin American food, so that was fun.
As usual, hit me with any questions. I love you all, and I know this church has the fullness of the Gospel and that the Atonement is real and made possible by God's incredible love for us.
Love, Elder Jake Lusk
ps. Stef...did you get my letter I sent you? Did you get what I meant by that? If not, let me know and I'll explain. hit me back, brotha.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment