Monday, April 21, 2014

Enough Deviled Eggs, I Dig How the Catholics do Easter, John 20:1-4, and Do We Run to the Savior?

Hey guys! Happy late Easter! Our week was good. Two of our dinner appointments were big family easter parties, so we had enough deviled eggs to feed an army. Last easter, one of my best buds was a devout catholic, and this year, my companion came from a devout catholic family that was baptized into this church was he was about nine. I have nothing but love and respect for Catholics, and I really dig how they do Easter. The whole easter season, with Ash Wednesday and Lent, and Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday. I like the emphasis they put on the Easter season.
On our second dinner appointment we shared a message with the extended family that was there that Sister Hansen, our mission president's wife, shared with us. The message comes from John chapter 20, focusing on verses 1-4. It tells the story of how Mary goes to the sepulchre early sunday morning and discovers an empty tomb. The part to focus on his how she runs to find some apostles, finds two of them and tells them, then the three of them run back to the tomb. This news about one of their loved ones, a man who they knew was their Messiah, caused them so much concern that they run to get there, not casually stroll there. So the question is, how can you follow their example and run to theavior?
That's about it for this week. I've got some pictures of me and my companion with puppies, but I forgot my cord, so you'll probably get those next week.

I know the Atonement is real, and was made possible because God loves us so much that he sent his only begotten son (John 3:16) to suffer and die for us so that we can be saved. According to the scriptures, and I know this to be true, we are saved by grace, after all we can do. Love you guys!
Elder Jake Lusk

No comments:

Post a Comment