Monday, December 16, 2013

Somebody Snitched on the Mission President?, A Steak Dinner,and A Samoan Barbecue

Hey guys! Things are going good here in beautiful Tooele. I got your letters and packages, so I'm excited for Christmas. We picked up our packages at the USLCM 2013 Christmas devotional/dinner/party that was held in Kaysville. We had an area seventy come speak to us, then had a really nice steak and potato dinner that the relief society from a stake in Kaysville cooked for us (Kaysville is in Davis County, and a lot of people there own Lamborghinis and hilltop mansions. After dinner we had a variety show that included President and Sister Hansen singing a duet of "I'm Gettin' Nothin' for Christmas". President Hansen is a very loving, but serious man, so it was awesome to see him wearing a Santa hat singing "...somebody snitched on me!"  
This week we also had a baptism of a part member family named the {}  this week. They're a great couple and it was awesome to see them baptized. We have a baptism coming up this week of  two kids who are part-Samoan. I like their family a lot, too. It's great to be around Polynesians again. There's no where near as many as there are in SLC, but there's a couple Poly families. In addition to their baptism on Saturday, I'm also excited for the after party the family is doing where they're having a Samoan barbecue. Should be a lot of fun!
Tell everyone back home I love them. As always, if there's any other questions you have, let me know. I'll leave you with my testimony that this work is amazing. The Atonement is real and the church is true.
Love, Elder Lusk

No comments:

Post a Comment