Monday, December 2, 2013

Go West, young man (to Tooele), "When Thou art Converted, Strengthen Thy Brethren", and Ridiculous Amounts of Green Jello

So I can't believe this, but the transfers already here. We got transfer info and I'm moving again. I'm going out to Tooele! (pronounced tow-ella) That's pretty crazy. I feel like I just got here, and I love Layton, but I guess I'm needed elsewhere. I've heard Tooele is legit. I'm excited for it. I'm going to miss Layton and all the great people we're working with up here, but I'm ready for an adventure again. 

As for miracles this week, we were out Saturday night with a guy named Elder {}. He's a senior service missionary who works in the Salt Lake area LDS addiction recovery program, but spends seven days a week proselyting with missionaries from the Salt Lake City mission, the East mission, and the Provo mission. The guy's only been a member of the church for six and a half years and has spent the entire time he's been a member working with missionaries, first in his home area in Southern California, and then the past year and a half as a service missionary here in Utah. He's a recovering alcoholic, and committed to sobriety the day before Bud Light with Lime got released (nice timing!), but managed to stay strong and has been sober for close to seven years now. He' s absolutely amazing. This is my third time I've been out proselyting with him. Everything he does is amazing. The spirit is really strong around him, and we always get really good work done with him. 

Oh yeah, and Thanksgiving was good. I had a lot of turkey and a ridiculous amount of green jello, so it was all good.

So that's what's going on right now. I'll definitely send pictures next week and tell you how Tooele is. I know this work is amazing, and I bear testimony that the atonement is real and that it's powerful and it really works. The church is true.

Love, 



Elder Lusk


1 comment:

  1. Elder Lusk's new area, Tooele, is west of Salt Lake City..about 30 to 40 minutes west of the city and it's pretty much the last stop before the end of civilization and the way you would go if you were heading towards Nevada. I'm sure it's beautiful this time of year with the snow. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to put up soon!

    ReplyDelete