Monday, September 23, 2013

Sri Lanka, Laos, Sierra Leone, Bridges and Temples and On and On!

Hey guys


Yeah I got the package. I got it later that night, but it was good timing because I was craving cheez-itz.
Our baptism went well. I don't have my camera with me right now, but I'll definitely send pictures next week. 
 I just got back from the temple, by the way. It's always pretty amazing in there. We're downtown using the computers in the family history research center across from temple square to email. I love it downtown. Some parts are a little sketch, but the areas around temple square and up north near the capitol are pretty nice. That's what I've noticed about the Salt Lake Valley so far. For the most part, the north and east sides are a lot nicer than the south and west. By the way, we found a little spot on top of a bridge near the freeway on the far corner of our area where at night you can look out and see the lights from the whole city and then climbing up the mountains on the east side. I didn't have my camera with me, but sometime this week before we head home we'll stop and take a picture of it. Our area's kinda weird, because it's mostly a half a mile by a mile. It actually stretches out almost ten miles to the west, but it's pretty much all industrial. We got a referral last week for someone who lived in an apartment above a warehouse way out in the middle of nowhere out that way, so we biked four or five miles out there to try and find them. That was pretty cool because we were almost closer to the Oquirrh Mountains on he west side of the valley than the giant Wasatch Front on the east. You got a really good view of the valley.
That's about the only super exciting thing going on right now, besides finding the family from Togo (in West Africa, near Ghana) to start teaching and they're pretty golden. That's just one more country to add to my list. So far I've met, taught, or served with people from  Sri Lanka, Laos, Sierra Leone,  Sudan, Samoa, Tonga, Myanmar, Sweden, France, England, Venezuela, Ecuador, Brazil, Mexico, Nepal, Guatemala, the Cook Islands, and now Togo. And I might have missed some, too. Those are just off the top of my head. It's so diverse here, it's crazy. That just shows how much the gospel is true because it's not just an american thing or a white person thing. It's for everyone, and everyone can feel that and take part in it. The church is true and the atonement is for everyone and it's real and it's powerful. 
Love,
Elder Lusk

1 comment:

  1. Before Elder Lusk got his mission call, he would always talk about all these far-off lands that would exciting places to serve his mission. I think he mentioned all of the above countries at least 10 times each. And then a few weeks before his mission, he said, "But if I don't get called to any distant lands, I would love to serve in Salt Lake City." Looks like the Lord custom made his mission call...just for him! :)))

    ReplyDelete