Saturday, August 17, 2013

Obedience brings blessings

Below is a message I (Elder Lusk's mom) received from a member of the Winchester Ward today. As parents, we are so proud of him for committing to be completely obedient and on the plan. We know that sacrifice and obedience brings blessings!
 My wife and I stopped at Sonic in Salt Lake to get something to drink on Wednesday and saw a couple of Elders having lunch. I walked over and said: "Hey Elders, do you know Elder Lusk?" They said: "Sure do! He's in this Zone" and one of them was his companion in the MTC. I got Elder Lusk's phone number from them and called him to invite him and his companion to lunch while we're here. I got a text m...essage back the next day from Elder Lusk saying thanks for the invitation and saying how much he appreciates the thought and support, but his Mission President wouldn't give him permission to go to lunch with his old Scoutmaster.

You & Howard should be very proud of your obedient missionary. I think if I was invited to lunch by somebody from back home, I'd go enjoy it and ask for forgiveness later! Jacob is a fine young man and a great missionary.

1 comment:

  1. Missionaries who are "losing themselves" in the work do not want to spend time with friends from home. This can be a lesson for all of us to be hands off - even when in Utah. We were in SLC and Provo this last week and felt no inclination to track down Sisters or Elders.

    ReplyDelete