Monday, August 5, 2013

First email home after just two days in the MTC (Missionary Training Center)

HEY!

 

How is everyone? Today's P day already, so I've got an hour to send emails. The MTC is awesome. I've never seen so many missionaries in one place. There's more people here this week than has ever been in the history of the MTC or ever will be, and everyone's Mormon! Weird, eh? My district is awesome. Half of us are going to Utah, Salk Lake City, and the other half are going to Michigan, Detroit. I'm also really excited becuase with P day today, we had between half an hour and fifty minutes to work out. My companion's not a runner, but another guy in my district is, and we got an exchange authorized and went on an easy 3-miler around campus talking all about running and the sport, and then lifted with the rest of our district in the weight room. Fun and games aside, this place ia amazing. The spirit is super strong here and everyone has such a huge testimony. I've been pushed really hard in my thinking and spirituality. I feel like taking Mrs. Finny's (AP English) class this past year helped stretch my mind, and get it able to absorb everything I'm learning.

 

So enough about me, how's things back home? Everyone good? Thanks for the package, by the way. I haven't opened it yet, but I just got it. Well hey, tell everyone I love em and keep in touch! 

 

Love,

 

Elder Jake ;) Lusk

 

1 comment:

  1. Just so you all know, P day is short for preparation day. It's their only day off during the week but during that day, they do laundry, clean, grocery shop, write home and hopefully get some time to do something fun.
    Also, I am posting clips from his letters and not the entire letter. Some of what he writes is just for family. :)

    ReplyDelete