Monday, August 5, 2013

Second letter home after 10 days in the MTC

Hey!

    
     Yeah, the time here's been amazing. It's crazy that in less than a week I'll be in the actual mission field. Before I got here, I thought that I'd want to be out of the MTC as fast as possible and just got out to the field, but now that I'm here I don't really want to leave. It's not that I don't want the actual mission to start, I just love being here. This has been the most amazing week and a half of my life. Our district has grown so tight. It seems weird that we've only known each other for ten days because we all feel like we've known each other forever. We've talked about it a lot and we've all grown so much in the past ten days. We thought that after just four days, and now we've grown even more. It's amazing what this place is like.

    So the general authorities are all on vacation during July, so during the devotionals we haven't had any of the Twelve, but we did get to watch a MTC Christmas devotional from Elder Bednar called "The Character of Christ". If you get a chance, look it up and watch it. It's lifechanging. I also may not have gotten to meet a general authority, but I did get sit in the front row of a play featuring Elder Christensen of the District season 2, so that was pretty cool.  

     Tell everyone I love em and miss em

 

Love,

 

Elder Jacob Lusk

 

 

1 comment:

  1. The District is a reality show that airs on BYU TV and shows real-life missionaries who served in the California San Diego mission. It shows what they do on a daily basis including the highs and lows of being a missionary and it shows them meeting with families and individuals. People have asked me what exactly Elder Lusk will be doing for two years. If you want to know, watch the show. You can also watch it BYUTV online.

    ReplyDelete