Saturday, July 19, 2014

He says eh Alot....which is Awesome, Mormon Utopia and Helping Them Receive

So...about my companion and my area. My comp's name is Elder {} (it's a Welch name). He's from a small village outside of Edmonton in Alberta, Canada, and he says "eh?" alot, which is awesome. He's been out for seven and a half months, and we knew each other before from serving in the same zone in Layton together for a while several transfers ago. He's a cool guy and I really like serving with him. He's like Elder Martin a little bit where he loves to laugh and have fun, but he's super focused, too. 

 
My area is covering the Farmington South Stake, as well as the Canyon View Stake in Centerville. We cover 15 wards. Our area is pretty much all on what's sometimes known as "the bench", which is the neighborhoods and houses that are way up on the hill. This is a pretty rich area. There's some pretty big houses up here, and even the smaller houses are probably expensive because the view from up here in amazing. You can see the entire valley. It's kinda like a Mormon utopia with big houses and nice, green lawns and everyone outside walking their dog and kids playing and all tha. This is probably the richest area I'll ever get to live in, so I might as well enjoy it. There's a lot of great people here. There's only a handful of nonmembers in each ward, but there's some solid potential, so I'm excited for what'll happen in the next transfer or two.

 
I want to bear my testimony that I know the church is true, and that it's led by a prophet of God. There's a reason why I'm out here, and it's to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I know that the atonement is real and that it's powerful and it's everything of why I'm out here. 



Love you all!



Elder Jake Lusk



 

No comments:

Post a Comment