Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Families Are Forever (I Witnessed It) and Why Else Would God Give Us Kittens Unless He Wanted Us to Be Happy?

Hey guys!
Yes, we'll be able to skype on Mother's Day. We're super busy on Sundays, so it'll probably be somewhere between 6 and 9 pm my time, 8 and 11 pm your time. can't wait!
We had a good week this week. The highlight was Saturday. We took the Frontrunner train down to Wood's Cross, then got a ride up to the Bountiful temple. Before serving in Layton, Elder Ogden was serving in Bountiful and had taught and baptized a 10-year-old kid who we got to watch being sealed to his parents for all of eternity. That's the first time I've been in a sealing, and it was pretty cool to watch. The spirit's amazing.

Afterwards, we went back to the family's house for lunch. That was pretty awesome, too. They had a 60-pound German Shepard puppy that was super playful and loving, but would attack it's own reflection in the floor because it thought it was another dog in it's territory. The family also had a teeny-tiny itty-bitty kitten that they just rescued. Apparently a stray cat had been hanging out their grandpa's shed, and had given birth to some kittens. She got spooked when the grandpa discovered her, and took off, leaving one of the kittens behind. This cat couldn't have been more than two weeks old and weighed less than a pound. It was so small that it fit comfortably in my companion's left hand, curled up, and fell asleep. It also had to be bottle fed every 30 minutes, so my companion and I both got to do that, which was pretty awesome. Oh, and the German Shepard loved the kitten and thought it was one of it's puppies. It's tongue was bigger than the cat, so one lick was enough to get it soaked. Man, this thing was adorable. My companion and I between the two of us took somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 pictures, and I promise I'll send some next week.
We've got a great week coming up as well. We've got someone being baptized on Saturday. It's an awesome story, so be sure to tune in next week for details. Can't wait to skype on Sunday!
I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know that through the power of the Atonement, we can be cleansed from our sins and be worthy to live with our families in Heaven for all eternity. I know God loves us because he's given us our families to be with forever, and let's be honest, why else would he give us little kittens if he didn't want us to be happy?
Love you all!
Elder Jake Lusk

No comments:

Post a Comment