Sunday, May 31, 2015

God Needed Sister Hansen, Farewell to President Hansen, Going Back to Layton and Stromboli




Hey

So yeah, this week was a little different. Sister Hansen's passing was pretty unexpected. I guess God needed her. President's doing really well, though. I saw him briefly at the funeral today. I don't think he's been formally released, but for all intents and purposes, he's finished. A member of the mission presidency is acting mission president right now. It's still up in the air as to when we'll get a permanent replacement. If there's any other questions I can answer, let me know.

Did you get an email about iPad's yet? They announced this week that our mission's getting 'em, and they said they're sending an email home about it. I'm pretty indifferent about it. It'll make afternoon's more effective, but it's also 400 bucks that I don't have that I gotta dish out for it for only six month of using it. 

Transfer info! I'm going back to Layton.  Layton's the second biggest city in the mission, and the second most diverse. My companion's name is Elder Devantier, and he's from Denmark, but is serving out of St. George. 

So, tonight we're having dinner with one of our ward mission leader's family. He's probably the coolest ward mission leader we have. His name is Brother Glance and it's his family we spent Christmas at. It was his ward that had dinners for us last week, and we ended up over at his place for two of those nights. I forget how it came up, but we ended up volunteering to cook dinner for them tonight. I love to cook. There's something satisfying about eating something really good knowing you made it. It's even better when you cook for someone else and they enjoy it. My comp and I talked about it, and we're cooking Stromboli for them. I'm positive I know how to make it. Don't you just roll out the pillsbury dough, put a bunch of cheese on it, and some pepperonis, then roll it up, cut slits on top and cook it until it's not doughy and the cheese is melted? If I'm missing something, let me know.. I'm just gonna guess on the amounts, unless following the official recipe really matters. 
 
Love you guys. This work is absolutely amazing, and is totally inspired. God is love. 

Elder Jake Lusk


No comments:

Post a Comment