Monday, March 10, 2014

Throwing Down the Gauntlet, Rising to the Challenge and Staging a Comeback

{}, our ex-convict, got baptized on Saturday, and that was a pretty cool experience. I was glad I could have a part in teaching him, and happy to see him get baptized. {} was unable to be baptized becuase of her family. Right now, it's looking like things are done for good, but it's not. This isn't over yet. In some ways, Satan's throwing down the guantlet. It's our chance to prove to ourselves whether we're going to rise to the challenge or not. Like I said, this is far from over. And I'm going to have another six weeks to stage a comeback. We got transfer info, and I'm staying up here in Layton. I'm going to be with an elder named Elder Ogden who I've met before. He's been out a while longer than me, but I've served in a lot of areas that he's served in. I'm excited to be with him. It should be a pretty good transfer coming up. I know the area, so I'm co-senior comp. I'm excited for what the next six weeks will bring. 

So yeah, that's the news for this week. as usual, hit me up with any questions. I know this work is amazing, and the church is true. I know Jesus knows and loves each and every one of us and that's why he suffered and died to atone for our sins. As it says in the scriptures, we're saved by grace, after all we can do. 

Love, Elder Jake Lusk

No comments:

Post a Comment